September 1st marks the beginning of the countdown to my 22nd birthday, just 12 days away! As the leaves start changing colors in my area, I’ve been inspired to indulge in some baking.
Here’s a wonderfully straightforward recipe for homemade garlic knots – a delightful addition to any pizza night. With just a few essential ingredients, these garlic knots are not only delicious but also a simple vegan plant-based treat that you won’t want to miss. And did I mention the use of fresh garlic?
Recently, I paired these easy homemade garlic knots with Chicago deep dish pizza, and let me tell you, they were a hit! Not a single knot was left behind, a sure sign of their deliciousness. The best part? This recipe is effortlessly simple and requires minimal effort. Ready to dive into this tasty creation? Enjoy the culinary journey!
Shop this Recipe
*affiliate links are used
Garlic KnotsCourse: Sides, BreadCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A super simple way to make homemade garlic knots! There are only a few ingredients needed. These garlic knots are the perfect way to have a pizza night. And of course, this is a simple vegan plant-based recipe you don’t want to miss out on! Oh, and did I mention fresh garlic?
Ingredients For Bread
2 cups flour + more if need
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp yeast
- Ingredients for topping:
2-4 garlic cloves chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/4 cup vegan parmesan or regular parmesan (if not vegan)
2 tbsp melted butter (I used a vegan butter)
- Warm the 3/4 cup water. Then add in sugar and yeast. Mix to dissolve. Proof for 10 minutes.
- Combine Flour salt and oil mix together.
- Once water mix has proofed add it to the flour mixture and begin kneading the dough. You might have to add 1 or 2 tbsps of flour.
- Once flour is ready. Place back into the bowl and cover. Let sit for 1hr.
- While the dough rises. Combine ingredients and set aside.
- Once dough is ready. lay it out and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Roll dough into a string. Roll into the seasoning. Fold into a knot.
- Place each knot onto a well buttered pan. Once all knots are placed. Coat the top with butter and sprinkle the seasonings on top of each individual knot!
- Preheat the oven to 415. Baked for 15-20 minutes.