Ad by Amazon*
*affiliate links are used
Welcome back, foodie! We’re making chili lime roasted chickpeas today!
Are you ready to up your snack game? Maybe up your salad game? Because that’s what this blog post is about today, upping your snack game. As the title states, you’ll be making chili lime roasted chickpeas! And it couldn’t be easier to make. These roasted chickpeas could be considered a healthy and filling snack compared to regular snack items AKA potato chips. Which to be fair, I eat a lot of potato chips. You can easily add these to soups instead of crackers, on salads instead of croutons, and of course TACOS.
Special Diets: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Shop the Recipe
What prompted me to make these?
A few months back, I was at Costco and they had a product similar to these Chili Lime Roasted Chickpeas. I’m not sure if they still sell them anymore, so I decided to make them for myself.
Let the experiment begin.
I planned on using them for tacos as the plant-based protein option BUT I ate most of them as a snack instead of on tacos because they are that good.
This is a very budget-friendly recipe. Canned chickpeas are cheap and if you keep a decent spice collection, you might have every spice you need to make this recipe.
Now, this isn’t necessary BUT I think you’ll have a better success rate with these chili lime roasted chickpeas if you peel off the skins. So first, strain and dry the chickpeas on a towel. Let dry for a few minutes. Once dry, start to peel the “skin” off of the chickpeas. There is a picture above for reference. Peeling the skin off will help the chickpeas become crispier when baking.
How to eat?
MMMMM. How to eat these yummy Chili Lime Roasted Chickpeas you might ask?
- Eat them as a snack NO SHAME. I eat them as a snack all the time and they are YUMMY.
- Add them to your salad instead of croutons. OR use both. It’s up to you!
- Add them to your soup instead of crackers. OR use both. It’s up to you!
- Add them to your tacos for a little extra protein and fiber! I’ve done it and it was YUMMY!
Chili Lime Roasted Chickpeas
- baking sheet
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Strain and dry the chickpeas. Peel the skin off the chickpeas and add them do a bowl.
- Mix oil, lime, and seasonings to a bowl and mix well. Add oil mixture to the chickpea bowl. Mix well.
- Add to a pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool. Enjoy!